Blockchain Commons is proudly a “not-for-profit” social benefit corporation committed to open source & open development. Our goal is to support blockchain infrastructure and the broader security industry through cryptographic research, cryptographic & privacy protocol implementations, architecture & code reviews, industry standards, and documentation. In particular, we seek to improve the blockchain ecosystem by focusing on infrastructure and solutions that are decentralized, platform-neutral, blockchain-neutral, and vendor-independent.
Our current projects include:
- #SmartCustody — documents and tools to better secure your digital assets.
- #BitcoinStandup — tools and standards for easy creation of your own Bitcoin-Core full node on your Mac or Linux or on a cloud VPS.
- #FullyNoded2 — an iOS multisig wallet powered by a Tor V3 hidden service and connected to your own personal full node.
- Learning Bitcoin from the Command Line — tutorials on programming with bitcoin-cli, lightning-cli, and RPC.
- #LetheKit — DIY hardware box and SDK for airgapped cryptography and offline master key management.
- #Seedtool-cli — Cross-platform command-line C-based implementation for safe master key generation with support of BIP39 and SLIP39.
- Cryptographic Libraries — C-based implementations of BIP39, Shamir Secret Sharing, SLIP39, and more.
We also offer services to the community improve the open web’s security infrastructure:
- Security Reviews — risk-based assessments of custody methodologies, operational security procedures, and layer-2 protocols such as payment channels.
- Infrastructure — support of Tor exit nodes and other blockchain infrastructure & software.
- Project Support — contractual support of our open source projects such as #BitcoinStandup, #FullyNoded2, and #LetheKit.
These are just the beginning! Blockchain Commons is also working on identity wallets, social-recovery techniques, zero-knowledge curve-operation proofs, advanced cryptographic primitives such as Schnorr, MuSig, and scriptless scripts, and in general establishing multi- and cross-blockchain standards.